Northrop Grumman Staff Systems Engineer (Clearance Required) in Azusa, California
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems, Military and Civil Space Systems is looking for a Staff Systems Engineer level 5 with experience in business development, payload and optical design, mission engineering and phenomenology, procurement, assembly, integration, and test experience in developing and building space qualified payload systems. This person will be supporting new business capture and development efforts, and system design concepts and trades. The candidate will be working out of our Azusa, CA location.
The candidate will join the Mission/Payload Systems Design group and serve as a liaison between Systems Engineering and Business Development to drive current and future payload capture business initiatives. Candidate must have strong technical experience in payload and optical system design, Visible to Infrared focal plane assemblies, and imaging technologies with good working experience in driving electro-optical requirements based on customer level mission requirements. Candidate should have solid understanding in procurement, fabrication, assembly, and test of an EO/IR payload systems. Candidate will be a key driver and contributor to the research and development of advance technologies to support future business capture initiatives. In addition, candidate will drive the development of program plans for specific projects detailing tasks and costing plans required to go from contracts authorization to proceed to final payload delivery. Candidate will also be called upon to lead the development of new proposal artifacts including management, cost, and technical volumes.
· Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) field & 14 years of EO/IR PL design and test experience including developing, building, testing, and fielding space based PL systems, OR a Master's Degree in a STEM field & 12 years of EO/IR PL design and test experience including developing, building, testing, and fielding space based PL systems
· 7 years' experience driving strategic development of new technologies based on customer future needs
· 5 years direct interface with customer on shaping program direction
· Experience in proposal development, schedule development, and cost estimation for new PL programs
· Active & current DoD Secret Clearance
· Master's or PhD in Optical Sciences
· 20+ years of technical engineering experience in PL design and test
· Active TS/SCI Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering