Northrop Grumman Sr Principal Systems Test Engineer (Clearance Required) in Azusa, California
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman's Space Systems Sector out of Azusa, CA is hiring for a Sr. Principal Systems Test Engineer (Level 4) to join our Test Engineering division. Candidate will be familiar with reviewing system requirements and creating test plans and procedures based on those requirements. The engineer will perform electrical integration, ambient functional tests and system performance tests (in a thermal vacuum environment). The engineer will generate scripts (automation) for functional and system performance testing. In the course of testing, you will be involved in troubleshooting HW/SW issues, and provide communication throughout the team through status reports. The selected candidate will conduct customer presentations such as Test Readiness Reviews, Data Reviews, and will write test reports at the end of testing. The ideal candidate will need to support multiple shifts during 24/7 test events.
· Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) field & 9 years of experience in test engineering, OR a Master's Degree in a STEM field & 7 years of experience in test engineering
· Basic thermal environment and electrical engineering (voltage, current, resistance) understanding
· Understanding of electrical integration and test product development, and ability to generate and/or modify test plans and procedures
· Ability to troubleshoot problems and find possible root causes related to test equipment, unit under test, and test procedures
· Ability to provide accurate and concise status reports and findings
· Ability to support 24/7 and multiple shifts during testing phases
· Current & active DoD top secret clearance
Master's Degree in a STEM field
10+ years of related experience
Ability to apply electrical engineering principles in reviewing electrical schematics to define electrical integration test design, test plan, and procedures for a system level test activity
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering