Northrop Grumman Sr. Principal Mechanical Engineer (TS/SCI Clearance Required) in Azusa, California
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
The Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector- Military and Civil Space Hardware Engineering organization in Azusa, CA has an opportunity for a Sr. Principal Mechanical Engineer level 4. Hardware Engineering is involved in all phases of space products lifecycle development starting with requirements, initial concepts, trades studies, early interface definition, design and development, fabrication/procurement, AI&T, delivery and support of delivered hardware. The successful candidate will have responsibility for the oversight of various mechanical components while ensuring mechanical, electrical, and overall system requirements are met. In addition, the selected candidate will be responsible for detail design tasks that involve, creating and reviewing engineering drawings, providing feedback to the team and submitting drawings into a formal review and release process. Candidate will support hardware fabrication, assembly and testing of system development and production needs. Other duties may also include subcontract technical management, leading mechanical teams and presenting technical reviews.
The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter, organized, independently directed with good problem solving skills, able to perform effectively despite concurrent work tasks and will possess strong communication, leadership, and team skills.
· Bachelor's degree in (STEM) field (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) & 9 years of experience in mechanical and/or electromechanical design, OR a Master's degree in a STEM field & 7 years of experience in mechanical and/or electromechanical design
· A solid understanding in ASME Y14.100-2013, Engineering Drawing Practices & ASME Y14.5-2009, Geometric Dimensioning & tolerancing
· Mechanical design skills that include: tolerance stack-up and mass properties analysis experience
· A working knowledge of CAD applications
· Ability to produce design solutions, drawings and trade studies
· Current & active TS/SCI security clearance
o SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years
· Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
· Experience with electro and opto-mechanical designs
· Experience in space payload and military electronics packaging design
· Experience and proficiency with CREO/Pro Engineering
· A working knowledge of TeamCenter Unified
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering