Northrop Grumman 2018 Intern - Technical - New in Austin, Texas
2018 Intern - Technical - New
Requisition ID: 17011192
Location(s): United States-Texas-Austin
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you’ll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you’ll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you’ve done. Join us and launch your career. We’ll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a 2018 Technical Intern. This position will be located in our Technology Services Sector in Austin, Texas.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is a global provider of innovative, cost effective solutions. From sustainment and modernization, supply chain management, training and simulation, and high technology services, we offer a full-spectrum of support.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Network Infrastructure Solutions Operating Unit (NIS). The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where she/he will interact with users, customers and other developers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The qualified applicant will assist with the support of a cloud-based tool suite utilized by multiple clients for ITSM, asset management, configuration database, and knowledgebase purposes. This position is part of a geographically dispersed team of experienced professionals and handles the following areas:
• Responding to, troubleshooting and resolving issues reported by clients and their end users.
• Maintaining the system to provide high-availability to all clients.
• Delivering automated reports, generating and delivering ad-hoc reports, and troubleshooting reporting issues.
• Managing small to medium sized projects using established project management techniques.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Completion of High School diploma
• Currently enrolled in Bachelor's degree in a business or a technical discipline from an accredited college or university
• Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Windows-based computer systems
• Minimum GPA of 3.25
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Prior internships in similar role
• Experience with an Information Technology Service Management systems such as BMC Remedy or ServiceNow
• Experience with Microsoft Windows-based server operating systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: 2018 Intern - Technical - New
Requisition ID: 17011192