Northrop Grumman UX Researcher (Engineer Systems) 4 in Aurora, Colorado
UX Researcher (Engineer Systems) 4
Requisition ID: 18005051
Location(s): United States-Colorado-Aurora
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Position Summary / Responsibilities
Northrop Grumman’s User Experience team in Aurora, CO is made up of UX researchers and interaction designers. Researchers and designers work together to understand User needs and advocate on behalf of the User community to improve their interactions with complex operational systems. The team is looking for a User Experience Researcher with a TS or TS/SCI clearance who can apply user research methodologies and is familiar with conducting user engagements in a secure customer environment.
This is a great opportunity for a flexible self-start to work in a dynamic environment with real world technical content supporting a number of tools and systems.
- Degree in Psychology, Computer Science, HCI, Human Factors, Engineering or other related discipline with 9 years UX Research experience; 7 years with Masters; 4 years with PhD
- Strategic thinking skills and understanding of people and organizations to ensure our research approach is optimal for all our stakeholders.
- Experience leading projects with a user-centered focus.
- Expert knowledge and practice of UX industry best practices including usability, information architecture, and the ability to perform user research and analysis resulting in user models, user journeys task flows, gap analysis and solid information architecture design.
- Strong appreciation for how user-centered design processes bring together users, designers, the technical team, and other stakeholders to best accomplish mission tasks.
- Active TS Clearance not within a periodic reinvestigation
- Experience working with UX processes within a waterfall development cycle.
- Master’s degree or higher in human–computer interaction, IxD, UX design, human factors, cognitive or behavioral science, psychology, anthropology, computer science, or similar field.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance not within a periodic reinvestigation
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: UX Researcher (Engineer Systems) 4
Requisition ID: 18005051