Northrop Grumman Sr Prncpl Info Sys Tech Anlyst* in Atlanta, Georgia
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you will discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you will discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Senior Principal Info Sys Tech Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in defining the future. This full time position is located in Atlanta, GA. The qualified candidate will support dissemination of vital public health information from a large organization within the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Designs, develops, builds, analyzes, evaluates and installs database management systems to include database modeling and design, relational database architecture, metadata and repository creation and configuration management. Uses data mapping, data mining and data transformational analysis tools to design and develop databases. Determines data storage and optimum storage requirements. Prepares system requirements, source analysis and process analyses and design throughout the database implementation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The qualified applicant will provide high level expertise in applicable public health disciplines to collect, abstract, query/code, analyze, and interpret scientific data contained within information systems and SQL Server databases, S3 queues and other data structures related to public health.Responsible for merging multiple databases in different formats together, creating and running programs for data cleaning, tracking edits made to databases, and analyzing data.
Collaborates with CDC and other public health entities to translate workflows into business requirements in support of data and system integration projects.
Provide standards based solutions to public health programs
Translate workflows into business requirements in support of data and system integration projects.
Determine database structural requirements by analyzing and reviewing objectives, key business metrics and reporting requirements with customer;
Evaluating current data and help define the development/ETL strategies for moving data from heterogeneous source systems to a data warehouse/data lake and surfacing reporting and analytics using MS Power BI, QuickSights and other Visualization and Analytical Tools in the Cloud
Provide consultation on informatics initiatives using Cloud Visualization and Analytical Tools expertise
Provide recommendations on opportunities for leveraging new data sources, data reporting capabilities, and integration of systems
Provides meaningful knowledge transfer of design decisions, component composition and technical solutions to the program staff.
Responsible for writing and running programs for data analysis (e.g., frequencies, time-to-event analysis, multivariable regression analysis) and data cleaning.
Generating data quality control reports to document adherence to study protocols, assist the team with resolving data inconsistencies.
Responsible for writing SQL queries, creating SQL views, merging relational tables in SQL Server, and creating cleaning tables in SQL Server.
Consulting with CDC Scientists and Epidemiologist on the algorithms needed to support research
Presents results of accomplishments and work efforts at meetings, conferences, and workgroups.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
· Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or related field with a minimum of 9 years of experience or Minimum of 10 years of experience in information systems.
· Experience in designing and developing data integration (ETL) solutions, including data quality - primarily using Microsoft and AWS technologies
· Experience with relational and/or dimensional conceptual and logical data modeling
· Experience in designing and developing reporting and analytics solutions
· Experience with designing and developing advanced analytics solutions
· Experience with the following technologies:
o Data Integration: SSIS
o Reporting/Analytics: QuickSights, PowerBI, SSAS, SSRS, Excel
· Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
· Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
· Strong deductive reasoning ability
· Great attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to work in a dynamic team environment using AGILE methodology
· Must be a US Citizen or a Green Card Holder
· Experience with Data Management, Metadata Management, Data Governance, Data Strategies and Assessments, Data Modeling
· Experience with Microsoft Azure(1+ years), Cloud PAAS development, AWS QuickSights (1+ years) and MS Power BI(2+ years)
· Experience with Data bases and Data Modeling (10+ years)
· Experience with hardware architectures and configurations
· Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel including pivot tables and Power Query
· Experience with Tableau or similar statistical program is a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Information Technology