Northrop Grumman Prncpl/ Senior Bus Process Analyst in Atlanta, Georgia
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you will discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you will discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman Information Systems Sector is seeking a Business System Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in transforming the future of technology and public health. This position will be located in Atlanta, GA and will become part of Northrop Grumman's team that supports the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention. The qualified applicant should have strong facilitation and elicitation experience to work closely with the customers in gathering and documenting their requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Act as a team liaison between business analysts, project management, solution architects and development teams, and shepherd projects through the design, build, and test phases.
• Elicits requirements from subject matter experts and other stakeholders using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios and workflow analysis.
• Analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems.
• Defines, documents, and translate business requirements and business intelligence reporting requirements into functional/technical specifications including but not limited to usability, performance, supportability, security, interface requirements and assumptions/constraints; Business Process Models, Data Flow Diagrams, System Process Models, and Traceability Matrix.
• Designs new systems or modules by facilitating requirements sessions, collecting and analyzing requirements; constructing process flow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications and documenting business rules.
• Perform proactive data profiling to ensure source system data requirements in the project deliverables.
• Supports development team by translating requirements and use cases into specifications, sample screen design, flowcharts, logical data models and security design models.
• Supports and contributes to project management activities by participating in the scoping and estimating of project efforts, risks identification and mitigation measures recommendation, communicating activity status and providing timely notification and escalation of possible issues/problems to the Project Manager.
• Supports testing team in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing.
• Oversees implementation, coordinate tests and observing initiation of the system and system modules and functions to validate conformance to requirements and performance.
• Provide analysis support to development and test teams for assigned projects. This can include responding to ad hoc analysis requests and collaborating with test resources to validate test cases, defect triage and resolution.
• Work effectively with teammates and raise issues to management with appropriate frequency and urgency.
• Participates in the change control board and provides feedback to the customer on the potential impacts of the changes under review and discuss alternative solutions. Generally demonstrate knowledge of application systems in area of responsibility to identify, evaluate and define impacts of changes. Provide alternatives both to the application changing and all upstream and downstream systems, or identify if a change is a manual process taking into account the entire picture as well as the details.
• Triages, logs, and tracks requests for customer requests for new features and enhancements to be implemented in the systems.
• Responsible for maintaining all assigned business systems documentation.
• Verifies and tracks satisfaction of requirements in delivered solution through acceptance testing.
• Researches production issues and supports the Application Support group as needed.
• Coordinates with production support on system enhancements and provide ongoing operating support.
• Initiates and executes initiatives to improve the processes, procedures, and tools utilized by the team.
• Regularly conveys status to stakeholders and management and serves as a consultant to management, senior management and customers.
• Travel to labs/work sites may be required.
Job Category : Technical Support