Northrop Grumman Principal Engr SW Quality in Atlanta, Georgia
Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you will discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you will discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The qualified applicant will be responsible for ensuring the quality of the delivered software solution.
• Work closely with other team members to deliver high-quality products in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Own, execute and update Master Test Plan
• Create, maintain, and execute comprehensive test plans and test cases to assess system stability (i.e. smoke test, regression & vulnerability testing), data integrity (i.e. functional testing & constraint verifications) and deployment success (i.e. configuration verifications and integration testing).
• Generate positive and negative test scripts based on the analysis of the requirements, user stories, use cases, and technical design specifications.
• Ensure coverage of the software requirements through traceability; Record test results in Jira and Test Management system.
• Plan test strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates using established test processes and methodologies.
• Accurately and clearly document system defects and run results in Test Summary reports.
• Successfully monitor and track system defect resolutions efforts in a timely manner.
• Participate in team agile tasks and sessions such as unit testing, story estimation, sprint planning and retrospectives.
• Write and execute test cases, ensuring what is being delivered to the client satisfies the requirements as agreed upon in the requirements and design specification document.
• Perform various types of testing for new releases/builds/functionality, configuration and/or coding changes to include but not limited to: Unit, functional, nonfunctional, business, technical, non-technical, security, load, volume, acceptance, conformance, vulnerability assessment, regression, performance, usability before promoting them from development to test and then to staging and production environments.
• Responsible for assuring that each software release successfully passes the test plan developed for each release prior to commencement of the user acceptance testing.
• Perform beta testing on an ad hoc basis for major releases that might represent a significant change for the customer or introduce completely new functionality.
• Document parallel or regression testing plans.
• Conduct Section 508 testing, document and recommend enhancements to the Government to improve the Section 508 compliance of the application to the user.
• Utilize automating testing tools if test scenarios warrant and/or applicable
Job Category : Engineering