Northrop Grumman Principal Contract Administrator (TS/SCI Required) in Annapolis, Maryland
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman's Mission Systems Sector is seeking a Contract Administrator or Principal Contract Administrator with an active Top Secret Clearance to join the Contract team in Annapolis, MD. The successful applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Maritime/Land Systems & Sensors organization and will support the Special Defense, Mission Solutions Operating Unit (OU) within the Undersea Systems Business Unit (BU).
The ideal candidate must have strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, managing numerous assignments having a variety of priority levels. Must be detail oriented with a commitment to accuracy. Strong communication skills are essential, both verbally and in writing. The candidate must be able to work cohesively with Business Management, their assigned Program teams and many other functional organizations within the Business Unit as well as all levels of upper management.
An important characteristic for the candidate to have is the ability and willingness to take initiative and assume responsibility for completing contract actions and other assignments in order to meet requirements. In addition, the candidate will serve as the liaison between Northrop Grumman and the external customer.
Roles and responsibilities of the Contracts Representative will encompass the following, assignments:
· Receive and respond to Request for Proposals (RFPs)
· Lead the development of proposal packages in a timely manner and in accordance with established NG procedures
· Provide contractual proposal support to program team by taking an active role in negotiation of favorable terms and conditions, fact finding, establish various negotiation positions including the utilization of weighted guidelines to determine fair and reasonable profit levels and lead the overall negotiation process directly with the customer
· Perform contract administration in accordance with NG's Command Media guidelines, to include: contract entry into NG's 1ERP system of record, contract and contract modification record management, change control management, monitoring funding levels to ensure no lapse in performance, coordinate the delivering of monthly CDRLS and various other actions
· Research contract issues and prepare risk analysis for NG's legal and export review
· Provide direct contract support to program team to ensure satisfaction of contractual requirements and adherence to company policies
· Work cooperatively external customer and NG's program staff to maintain status and provide tracking information on various customer requests
Position is full time and involves occasional work in excess of 40 hours per week.
-Principal Contract Administrator: 6 years professional contracts related experience with a Bachelor's degree or 4 years professional experience with a Master's degree
-Strong verbal and written communication skills
-Experience negotiating and administering various contract types of varying sizes as well as experience with various types of agreements
-An active Top Secret clearance/SCI Clearance
-Demonstrated ability to collaborate across functions
-Experience with USG and Prime customers
-Experience working restricted programs, proven ability to work in closed
areas with less than constant oversight
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Contracts And Pricing