Northrop Grumman Technical Editor and Writer in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Technical Writer. Candidate must be capable of working in a fast paced, agile environment, where priorities and requirements change daily. This position is located in Annapolis Junction, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities: Candidate will be responsible for preparing, reviewing and maintaining technical and non-technical documentation, spreadsheets and presentations in support of the Government customer. This individual will work with the team to prepare sprint planning / end-of-spin review materials; coordinate review schedules, update team on-call monthly schedule and provide meeting support in the form of meeting minutes and /or action tracking. In addition, this individual will be responsible for collecting organizational specific end-of-spin highlights and either assemble or assist in the creation of, a comprehensive end-of-spin highlights document, as well as an end-of-year highlights document. Responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation. Writes and edits technical documentation for all of the project's hardware and software to include installation, configuration and how-to documentation. Creates code documentation for software; produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities; provides field, data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources. Support web design and maintenance of web pages to include periodic web updates as needed, adding new documents on the web page, updating all version numbering, update request forms, update release notes.
Position may be filled at a higher level based on the qualifications below
• Education and Experience Requirements: Bachelor's degree in a technical or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Three (3) years of additional experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
• Experience preparing documents, reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences including senior management in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
• Experience in effectively creating/editing technical publications to include writing, editing and illustration as well as designs, storyboards, etc.
• In-depth experience with word processing, presentation, spread sheet and database software is required, including fluency in PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project
• Experience working with Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence, etc...)
• Security Requirements: Active TS/SCI w/Polygraph clearance required
• Experience with maintaining a Confluence or other Project-based web pages including adding pages and documents, maintaining version control, etc...
• Experience managing/updating/editing team reports such as daily sprint tickets, Monthly highlights, On-call schedule coordination
• Experience Performing spot edits as needed throughout each Spin/Sprint
• Experience with JIRA administration for sprint planning
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Communications