Northrop Grumman Sr. Cloud Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Sr. Cloud Software Engineer
Requisition ID: 17026848
Location(s): United States-Maryland-Annapolis Junction
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
How do cyber terrorists get past the industry’s best? They don’t. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communications, our Information Systems team helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then what is happening in the Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division is the place for you. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Contribute to a Software Design and Development team that will engineer, configure, performance tune, efficiently diagnose, and repair issues with all aspects of the Event Warehouse (EWH) and Content Warehouse (CWH) large scale computer clusters. Support on-call requirements.
• 9 years of experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution
• 6 years of experience developing software with high level languages such as Java, Python, C, or C . At least four (4) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last seven (7) years.
• 4 years demonstrated experience developing software for one of the following: Windows, UNIX, or Linux OS.
• Knowledge of Nifi, Accumulo, and/or Hadoop
• Must be willing to support on-call requirements
• 12 years of experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution
• 2 years experience in the SIGINT environment.
• Experience with internals of HDFS, HADOOP, and/or Google's BIG TABLE
• Experience with Hadoop clusters with 400 or more cores.
• Familiar with the software development process described in the J-STD-016 and IEEEIEIA 12207, "Information technology-Software life cycle processes" and possesses at least two (2) years of experience developing software in accordance with these standards.
• Able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts.
• Extensive experience in planning and accomplishing goals and complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as top-level contributor or specialist.
• Experience in evaluating project needs, determining tasks and durations and allocating resources.
• Knowledge and experience with developing distributed storage routing and querying algorithms.
• Experience developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products.
• Demonstrated technical writing skills
• Experience "wrapping" legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework
• Ruby on Rails
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI with polygraph is required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Sr. Cloud Software Engineer
Location: Maryland-Annapolis Junction
Requisition ID: 17026848