Northrop Grumman Lead Cyber Systems Engineer 4 in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Lead Cyber Systems Engineer 4
Requisition ID: 18009716
Location(s): United States-Maryland-Annapolis Junction
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
How do cyber terrorists get past the industries best? They don’t. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communications, our Information Systems team helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then what is happening in the Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division is the place for you. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Lead System Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction, MD
As the lead systems engineer, the person shall manage a team of developers and system administrators that provide a cloud computing/cloud storage capability to a large user base. Technical responsibilities include:
1. Researching and implementing with the team cloud technology best-practices
2. Coordinating technical root cause analysis efforts
3. Incorporating technical Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) principles and DevOps practices
4. Serving as key POC on system metrics, hardware/software requirements management, and technical risk and opportunity management
5. Interface with multiple government customers and teams to troubleshoot technical issues
2. Coordinating technical root cause analysis efforts3. Incorporating technical Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) principles and DevOps practices4. Serving as key POC on system metrics, hardware/software requirements management, and technical risk and opportunity management5. Interface with multiple government customers and teams to troubleshoot technical issues
Experience in performing and providing technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/nontechnical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis.
1. Strong leadership skills and ability to interface with the customer
2. Strong understanding of Cloud-based technologies
3. Able to incorporate DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering practices
Education :A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science is highly desired which will be considered equivalent to four (4) years experience. A Master's Degree in a technical field will be considered equivalent to six (6) years experience.
- Experience in developing documentation required to support a program's technical issues and training situations.
Five (5) years experience with Object Oriented and Structured development methodologies, networks, data storage, data modeling, data ontologies, security architectures and CASE tool selection and use.
Five (5) years experience integrating COTS and GOTS products from multiple vendors.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Lead Cyber Systems Engineer 4
Location: Maryland-Annapolis Junction
Requisition ID: 18009716