Northrop Grumman DevOps Software Engineer 4 in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
DevOps Software Engineer 4
Requisition ID: 18007007
Location(s): United States-Maryland-Annapolis Junction
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
How do cyber terrorists get past the industries best? They don’t. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communications, our Information Systems team helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then this is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a DevOps Software Engineer 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This Senior Software Engineer role will be focused on DevOps tasking and responsibilities. Candidates for consideration will have experience in the following areas:
• Work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and sustain our products/systems
• Help automate and streamline our operations and processes.
• Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, operations and sustainment.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments.
• Manage IAVA updates for systems.
• Manage user accounts on systems (often through Ansible scripts).
• Update Ansible to deploy new software to meet new security requirements (for instance virus scanning software).
• Manage Virtual Machines through Infrastructure/Platform as a Service resource.
• Software Engineer with at least 9 years of experience.
• Should have a broad understanding of technologies and tools in the following areas:
o Source Control (like Git, Bitbucket, etc)
o Continuous Integration (like Jenkins)
o Infrastructure Automation (like Ansible)
o Deployment Automation & Orchestration (like Jenkins, VSTS)
o Container Concepts (like LXD, Docker)
o Orchestration (like Kubernetes)
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Flexibility to be called in after hours to help restart applications/systems or to troubleshoot.
• Experience with DevOps
• Knowledge of Git, Ansible, Jenkins and Docker.
• Able to work with vague requirements and flush out with SMEs on team.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI with polygraph is required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: DevOps Software Engineer 4
Location: Maryland-Annapolis Junction
Requisition ID: 18007007