Northrop Grumman Cyber Systems Engineer 5 in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Cyber Systems Engineer 5
Requisition ID: 18003428
Location(s): United States-Maryland-Annapolis Junction
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then what is happening in the Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division is the place for you. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Lead Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction, MD.
The Thread Team is responsible for receiving requirements for disparate data formats and transforming that data into corporate compliant data formats. The Thread Team also drives modernization of dataflow and sees new data flows through to completion. This position is the Team Lead for the Thread Team. The work includes both defining the data modeling to represent the new data as well as developing the products to produce compliant data.
Specific duties include:
• Prioritize, organize and track across multiple domains and balance tasking across the team, at times reacting to changing government prioritization and direction.
• Working with customers to define how the data is used and drive both the data modeling and data flow requirements. Once requirements are defined, work with the development teams to coordinate requirements, implement, validate, and test the end-to-end functionality.
• Troubleshooting day-to-day system related issues and provide direct support, in collaboration with product teams, to end users via JIRA ticketing.
• Extensive integration with multi-disciplined product teams
• Support release planning and deployment installations; communicate important information about system maintenance, changes, events, and address concerns regarding any aspect of operational services for the teams threads.
• Day to Day management of 15 individual tasking via Agile (scrum) operation within sprint scheduling.
• 20 years experience required.
• Team Management
• Project Management.
• Experience with JIRA, Confluence
• Working knowledge of SIGINT Operation Workflows and end-to-end systems.
• Data Science
• Knowledge of Cloud and Big Data Analytics
• Agile Scrum
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Security Clearance:An active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is Required
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Cyber Systems Engineer 5
Location: Maryland-Annapolis Junction
Requisition ID: 18003428