Northrop Grumman Cyber Systems Engineer 4 in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Cyber Systems Engineer 4
Requisition ID: 18010587
Location(s): United States-Maryland-Annapolis Junction
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
How do cyber terrorists get past the industries best? They don’t. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communications, our Information Systems team helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then this is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Cyber Systems Engineer 5 to join our team of qualified, diverse employees located at Annapolis Junction, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
System architecture/engineer in support of a government customer organization to modernize legacy systems to meet functional, feature and performance requirements as specified by the Information Assurance Capabilities organization, while meeting Systems and Technologies Analysis and Information Technology security requirements and guidelines. Assist customer in development of work class engineering practices. Activities span across multiple projects and include:
• Assessment of current system engineering functions and processes including requirements analysis and governance; System and corporate architecture development, compliance and verification; Engineering design and development standards and approaches; Configuration control and technical basis of estimate; Software development
• Development of enterprise-level architecture documents
• Capture of current system architectures and depiction of how component pieces fit together to provide better understanding of legacy architecture
• Determine and provide recommendations regarding where to apply standards and process improvements
• Review business methodology and provide recommendations for improved efficiencies within engineering practices
• Support customer in development and evolution of modernization roadmap
• 14 years of experience in Systems Engineering
• Background in developing test plans for mission-critical systems.
• Experience in developing system specifications and test plans for both software and hardware.
• Some experience on an integrated product team working on a software-controlled hardware project, including hardware/software integration.
• Experience with programmable logic controllers (PLCs) or industrial control systems design, including hands-on experience.
• Background in automation systems
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required Five (5) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI with polygraph is required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Cyber Systems Engineer 4
Location: Maryland-Annapolis Junction
Requisition ID: 18010587