Northrop Grumman Cyber Software Engineer 4- Front End in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Cyber Software Engineer 4- Front End
Requisition ID: 18001533
Location(s): United States-Maryland-Annapolis Junction
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
How do cyber terrorists get past the industries best? They don’t. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communications, our Information Systems team helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then what is happening in the Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division is the place for you. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Cyber Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will work as a Software Developer on a team that is focused on cyber analytic development and visualization. Specifically, working on a corporate application providing a web interface and restful services which facilitate intrusion detection rule validation, development and testing. The successful candidate may also:
• Performing software development, integration, test, support to deployed systems, and documentation to meet requirements.
• Integration of a wide variety of applications from various sources to ensure that they meet performance standards for stability and resource utilization.
• Supporting problem resolution and installation of fielded systems to meet requirements in accordance with approved design specifications and operational procedures.
• Designing and developing User Interface based applications
• Collaborating with customer development and test team organizations and personnel to plan and execute integrated activities.
• 7 years of strong experience with Java
• 5 years of experience of developing in a Linux environment (RedHat and CentOS)
• Agile Team Development
• 14 years of software engineering experience
• Familiarity with Spring Integration and Spring Data
• Knowledge of SIGINT mission systems
• Familiarity with Networking and Protocol Analysis
• Network intrusion detection system, i.e. SNORT
• Experience with MongoDB
• Experience with Spring Framework
• Familiarity with software collaboration tools such as Atlassian Jira and Confluence
• 14 years of software engineering experience• Familiarity with Spring Integration and Spring Data• Knowledge of SIGINT mission systems• Familiarity with Networking and Protocol Analysis• Network intrusion detection system, i.e. SNORT• Experience with MongoDB• Experience with Spring Framework• Familiarity with software collaboration tools such as Atlassian Jira and Confluence
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required plus nine (9) years of experience as a Software Engineer supporting S/W architecture, development, requirements analysis, design, process execution and evaluation. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI with full-scope polygraph is required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Cyber Software Engineer 4- Front End
Location: Maryland-Annapolis Junction
Requisition ID: 18001533