Northrop Grumman Cyber Cloud Administrator 2 in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Cyber Cloud Administrator 2
Requisition ID: 17026652
Location(s): United States-Maryland-Annapolis Junction
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
How do cyber terrorists get past the industry’s best? They don’t. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communications, our Information Systems team helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then what is happening in the Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division is the place for you. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Cloud System Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Annapolis Junction, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be assigned to augment the existing Operations team for a large analytic cloud repository. Candidates for this position must have experience as a system administrator for large Hadoop and Accumulo-based clusters, and a strong background in troubleshooting operational system issues as they arise. A Cloud Administrator certification is required.
• 2 years of experience managing and monitoring large Hadoop clusters (>200 nodes).
• 2 years of experience in the implementation of complex network solutions and technical support of multi-platform, multi-system networks, including those composed of CISCO and UNIX or LINUX-based hardware platforms, to encompass diagnosing network performance shortcomings and designing and implementing performance improvements.
• Demonstrated ability to work with OpenSource (NoSQL) such as Hbase, CloudBase/Acumulo, Big Table, etc.
• Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
• Hadoop/Cloud Systems Administrator Certification.
• Demonstrated knowledge of analytical needs and requirements, query syntax, data flows, and traffic manipulation.
• Technical experience and knowledge of peer-to-peer distributed storage networks, peer-to-peer routing and application messaging frameworks.Basic understanding of Object Oriented and Structured development methodologies and languages.
• Significant experience provisioning and sustaining network infrastructures and have experience developing, operations, and managing networks required to operate in a secure PKI, IPSEC, or VPN enabled environment.
• Agile development
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional system administration experience on projects with similar processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI with polygraph is required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Cyber Cloud Administrator 2
Location: Maryland-Annapolis Junction
Requisition ID: 17026652