Northrop Grumman Cloud Administrator 2 in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Cloud Administrator 2
Requisition ID: 18001423
Location(s): United States-Maryland-Annapolis Junction
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
How do cyber terrorists get past the industry’s best? They don’t. There are too many of us fighting virtual threats, protecting enterprises and entire countries from large-scale attacks. From creating a citywide wireless network for our first responders, to protecting our nation from cyber threats, to building software-defined radios that change how our military communications, our Information Systems team helps life run smoothly and safely.
If you are the sort of person who loves a challenge and likes to be involved in serious organizational and software change -- Then what is happening in the Cyber and Intelligence Mission Solutions Division is the place for you. This is without a doubt one of the most interesting and exciting times to join an organization like ours. The culture is one of excellence; team work, learning, delivered value and people. We are looking for people who love to learn and take initiative to really make this happen.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Cloud Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located at Ft Meade, MD.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Seeking a server systems administrator for our network Cloud Infrastructure Services team. The best candidate for this position would be a self-motivated individual who has a strong attention to detail and preferably prior experience with large scale network management servers and system servers. They must be able to work independently as well as part of a team, and be able to identify support gaps, and work pro-actively to get tasks done.
• 3 years Systems Administration experience
• 2 years experience managing and monitoring large Hadoop clusters (>200 nodes).
• 2 years experience in the implementation and technical support of multi-platform, multi-system networks, including those composed of CISCO and UNIX or LINUX-based hardware platforms, to encompass diagnosing network performance shortcomings and designing and implementing performance improvements.
• Cloud Computing experience in installing, administering, and supporting Linux operating systems across several Linux platforms (e.g., RedHat, CentOS).
• Scripting experience in shell, Perl, and Python
• 2 years experience implementing network solutions for complex, high performance systems composed of UNIX or LINUX-based hardware platforms.
• Familiarity with configuration and management of DNS, LDAP and other enterprise level services.
• Demonstrated the ability to work with OpenSource (NoSQL) products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, CloudBase/Acumulo, Big Table, etc.
• Demonstrated work experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
• Ability to obtain and maintain Hadoop/Cloud Systems Administrator Certification
• Knowledge of network and server IAVA review, security scanning, and reporting as well as Nessus management servers (ie. Software, plugins, polices, and scans).
• Experience with large scape Hadoop environment builds and support including design, capacity planning, cluster set up, performance tuning and monitoring as well as HDFS, MapReduce, and HBase is highly desired
• Demonstrated knowledge of analytical needs and requirements, query syntax, data flows, and traffic manipulation.
• SNMP integration and NMAP development, configuration, and integration experience
• 5 years of RedHat/CentOS command line experience
• 5 years of Linus/Unix network experience (nmap, tcpdump, firewalls)
• 5 years of RedHat/CentOS kickstart/provisioning experience (eg., setting it up, not just using)
• 2 years of RedHat DNS Administration (eg., DNS, host files, DHCP)
• Agile development
• 2 Years in a cleared environment
• Experience provisioning and sustaining network infrastructures and have experience developing, operations, and managing networks required to operate in a secure PKI, IPSEC, or VPN enabled environment.
• Hadoop/Cloud Systems Administrator Certification
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional system administration experience on projects with similar processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI with polygraph is required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Cloud Administrator 2
Location: Maryland-Annapolis Junction
Requisition ID: 18001423