Northrop Grumman Staff Guidance Navigation & Control (GNC) Engineer - (Space/Satellite Systems) - Top Secret in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector is seeking a motivated candidate that will fill the position of Spacecraft Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) engineer. This position will complete Guidance, Navigation, and Control tasks related to the development and support of mission operations processes and procedures for customer space missions.
This position is located in Albuquerque, NM.
The specific responsibilities include:
• Support algorithm development, mission simulation, scripting, and verification activities.
• Planning, writing, and executing spacecraft GNC related activities and procedures for space missions.
• Participation in mission rehearsals to simulate engineering tasks performed in operations.
• Planning and verifying spacecraft maneuvers and executing real-time telemetry analysis.|
• Support on-orbit anomaly resolution.
• Participation in rotating 24x7 mission operations shift coverage, and generation of data analysis reports.
Job Category : Engineering