Northrop Grumman Multimedia Designer / 3D and Game Designer / Part Time On Call / Secret in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman's Learning and Communications Solutions (LCS) group is made up of a diverse talent pool of 3D artists, software and game developers, software engineers, instructional designers, educational psychologists, UX designers, artists, writers, and creative professionals that create innovative design solutions for training and information projects in digital media, including virtual and augmented reality.
We are looking for eager 3D and gaming artists and developers to be a part of our team, in a Part Time/On Call status. This position will be located at our LCS office in Albuquerque, NM.
Work within production pipeline to produce both conceptual and technical artistic aspects of interactive 3D virtual and augmented reality applications utilizing video game engines such as Unity for use in game based simulation training.
Implement designs derived from instructional training lessons that depict scenarios and interactive events required for qualification and certification training.
Utilize skills in 3D modeling, animation and texture development for terrain, object, character and animated entities used in a virtual training simulation with game-like capabilities.
Produce procedural game scripting, shaders and game cinematics.
Create and revise scenario sequences related to simulation training lessons within design specifications.
Support general multi-media development needs of the organization that include 2D and 3D output as well as web and interactive media.
1. Bachelor's degree in a related field.
2. Minimum2 yrs of skill with 3D modeling software (Maya, Max, etc.)
3. Experience in the following areas: game programming and scripting (items, objects, particles, vehicles, scenario progression).
5. Flexibility and ability to adapt to quickly changing circumstances and work priorities in a timely manner.
6.Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
7.Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance, if necessary.(Some program support requires a Secret Clearance)
1.Experience with immersive virtual reality such as HTC Vive, Oculus, or Hololens.
2. Skill with 3D modeling software (Maya, Max, etc.)
3. Post-production, including non-linear, professional editing with Adobe Premier and After Effects, motion graphics creation, color correction, audio mixing, and video compression.
4. Experience implementing software and web sites that are compliant with Section 508 Accessibility requirements.
5. BA/BS in Digital Media, Game Art & Design, Software Development, Computer Science, or related field.
6. Unity game engine experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.